Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thoughts - Lukuga River - A Water Road into Africa's Heart of Darkness

Lukuga River - EVS Precision Map (1-1,122,800)

Lukuga River - EVS Precision Map (1:1,122,800)


Lukuga River Composite - Each Image at scale 1:50,000

I remember spending long hours digitizing the many features on this river map. It is 290 kilometers in length and contains 989 river islands. When finished, I eagerly posted a few images of this grand river. I titled the post something about "the heart of darkness". The original Lukuga River post gets lots of views. I think it has to do with "the heart of darkness" label and less about the Lukuga River. Well, it hit me this evening. The reason the Lukuga River map doesn't get the respect it deserves is you the viewers have not seen the entire course of the river. So enjoy the slideshow entitled "Lukuga River - A Water Road into Africa's Heart of Darkness".

No comments:

Post a Comment