Friday, February 8, 2008

Thoughts - Max and EVS Precision Island Maps

I haven't seen Max for three weeks. Max is undergoing chemotherapy for an especially agressive malignant cancer. When we did talk, he was subdued and distant. His mortality is at the forefront of his thoughts. He is facing the end of his life. Before this awesome and sobering experience, Max loved to visit with any and everyone. He likes to keep an eye on our block. He loves to enjoy the company of his children and grandchildren. He loves to share a beer with Spider and Skip, two long time friends and neighbors. Now Max stays inside of his house deep in thought.

Don't put off your passion. That is the lesson Max is teaching me. We all will leave this interesting world, typically, not alive. So, if you have something you want to do, do it. If you have a product idea that you want to pursue, go for it. If you wish to sail away, get a boat and go. My goal, in life, is to leave with as few regrets as possible.

I will continue making EVS precision island maps. I will continue floating my "poor man's" hi-res island image idea by DigitalGlobe. Their imagery is exquisite and they are open to different ideas concerning their imagery. I have other passions outside of the realm of mapping that I will continue enjoying - the company of my wife, grandkids, children, golf with friends, learning, remaining vibrant amd purposeful.

I wish Max the best and Bon Voyage! I pray that his adventures contine.

Enjoy! and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment