Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Thoughts - Thank Goodness It's Happening To The Other Guy / Knock on Wood

I did my morning visit to Planet Geospatial to view the happenings in GIS-world. A few posts down is a rant post from geobloggers. I love a good rant, so I read on. He complained about the service his website was being subjected to. In essence, when his site should be working smoothly, it isn't. Unsuccessfully filtering spam comments and dealing with a server that sucks makes one a bit cranky. He complained that quite often his site is non-operational. I selected his link and, wouldn't you know it, I encountered the following error message, "can’t connect to your mysql db server". What a drag!

I'm a Blogger blogger. At times, I share this fact quietly, thinking, "Nobody takes a person who's url contains blogspot seriously." This morning, I'm delighted to tell the world "I'm a Blogger blogger and my site works just fine, even though my url contains blogspot!" I seldom, if ever get Spam comments. Perhaps just luck, but I don't get the junk. Best of all, my site is up and available all of the time. Outages are infrequent. One day I'll get me a url without the word blogspot, but it won't be because I'm dissatisfied with Blogger's service. They, all those people who's job it is to keep the Blogger service going smoothly, do just that. Way to go Blogger people.

I wish geoblogger the best and hope he gets his site squared away. But as for me, I'm a happy man because my Blogger blog works like a champ.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment